This is the hair for true hard-core Extensionistas…
Longer lasting softness, incredible hydration…incredibly natural!
Stylists and Salons, this is the hair for your fussiest clients that want only longer-lasting, natural looking extensions!
The real difference to normal Remy becomes noticable after a few weeks and especially after a few months. Virgin hair will feel softer and last longer!
European Virgin Remy Seamless Tape Extensions
Virgin Remy is the longest-lasting hair available!
Made from 100% Pure Human Virgin Remy Hair
100% Cuticle Intact – No tangle
We only use real raw virgin hair, which is very rare and is not easy find in large quantities.
For this reason, some colors will be sold-out at times.
Please read this description all the way to the bottom for complete details and specifications before ordering.
Available in standard 1.5” width and with 20 strips per full pack, or 10-strip half-packs. Our strips have more weight than most other brands at 3 grams per strip (20″ length) with a total of 60 grams per pack (20 grams and 10 strips more than our current tape extensions)
Approximate amount of hair per 20pc full pack:
- 20″ (51cm) length = 3 grams per strip = 60 grams of hair (2.11 oz)
- 18″ (46cm) length = 2.8 grams per strip = 56 grams of hair (1.97 oz)
- 16″ (41cm) length = 2.6 grams per strip = 52 grams of hair (1.83 oz)
The weight per pack will be less the shorter the length of hair, in order to keep the correct ratio of hair on the tape.
Do not buy hair by amount of strips per pack. Each company has more or less hair per strip, so this is not an accurate way to know how much hair you are getting unless you know the amount in grams.
- Each tape bond is 1.5″ wide x 1/3″ (4 cm x 8 mm).
- Each Full Pack has: 20 x 1.5″ strips for a total of 30″ of tape weft
- Each Half Pack has: 10 x 1.5″ strips for a total of 15″ of tape weft
- L&B Seamless Tape Extension bonds are made with an inner-lining of super strong, yet feather light layer of silk cloth. This silk layer will keep your bonds strong for many installs! Silk is one of the strongest thinnest and most lightweight materials available and will not rip.
L&B tape extensions do not have the horizontal sewn in-seam inside of the bond! This sewn seam looks very unattractive and makes a bond more noticeable. Our bonds are matte and smooth, the same color as the hair for truly less detectability. (Do not confuse seamless tape extensions with skin wefts)
- 100% Pure Human Virgin Cuticle Remy Hair
- Pre-Taped with double-sided, medical-grade, latex-free non-alergenic SuperTape (USA Made)
- Re-usable. Simple remove old tape and add new tape, presto!
- Professional Salon Quality
- Fine European texture straight hair
- Tapered / layered towards the ends for a more natural look and less waste when cutting and blending. If the ends of extensions are too thick, the hair will look chunky and will not blend as well with your hair, nor blend naturally with the lower rows of the extensions. This is European hair, so the single hair will not have the same diameter as Asian or Indian hair, as it is finer. If looking for thick ends, you may choose to cut of an inch or two at the bottom once installed.
- Soft and Silky
- Can be cut to any length
- Will blend beautifully with your own hair. Easy to style any way you like. Easy to curl or wear it straight
- Because the tape is so flat, they can be worn very high up on the head.
HOW MUCH HAIR DO I NEED
The amount of hair needed is very individual, and depends on personal preference With that in mind, here is a general guideline:.
For a full head install at 16″ length: 2 to 3 packs.
For a full head install at 18″ length: 3 to 5 packs.
For a full head install at 20″ length: 4 to 7 packs.
Again, this is just a very general guideline, Also, correct placement can make a little go a long way. Generally, the shorter your own hair is, and the longer and fuller you would like it to be, the more you will need. For only volume, and less length, or to gently enhance your current length, you will need less…perhaps only one to two packs.
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT COLORS: Different monitors may show colors slightly differently, as can picture to picture. Apple monitors on different devices such as iphones, pads and tablets may show colors with more contrast and darker than they actually are.
How is Virgin Cuticle Remy different than Remy?
L&B Virgin Remy is made from the most carefully selected, highest grade virgin cuticle-hair available.
The difference starts in the raw hair selection process. Only top-quality healthy hair that has never been processed in any way, may be called Virgin. Many claim to have Virgin hair, but few actually do. Virgin hair makes up far less than 10% of all raw hair, and is becoming increasingly rare.
Our Virgin Remy is hand-selected from donor ponytails and specially processed by us to protect the entire cuticle-shaft during processing. Unlike remy hair, no harsh and hot bleach baths are ever used on our virgin remy line, which makes it longer lasting, smooth and soft. Our Virgin Remy will never tangle.
Only a slow and gentle color-bath is used so the hair will match our color-ring.
This slow and gentle process keeps the integrity of the hair structure absolutely intact.
The cuticles stay flat and tight …which protects the vulnerable inner-core from drying out, making this hair very long lasting.
It will feel and act like your own hair… will not dry-out and tangle like normal extensions and will stay lovely and hydrated.
Virgin European hair has a finer structure than other hair extensions, which are usually made from Asian hair which is thicker in diameter. Extensions made from Euro Virgin will be much finer in texture as the single hair is not as thick in diameter as Asian hair.
REAL virgin hair is never “double-drawn” despite what some companies may tell you. Very few companies actually even sell “real” virgin hair, it is, more often than not, just a lower-grade remy hair double-drawn and they just call it virgin hair in order to sell it for a higher price. Calling hair “virgin” has become common place, even if it is not real virgin. There are no laws that monitor what a company may call virgin hair.
Real virgin is almost never double-drawn, as it is too expensive and very wasteful of precious hair to do so. If 50 grams of virgin hair that is called “double-drawn” costs several hundred dollars, it may be real virgin double-drawn, but anything under that price is not.
(Double-drawn means all the hair is one length. Our virgin hair is just as cut from the donor…with hairs of all lengths in a bundle for a more natural look and easy styling.)
Need More Info? Read on…
- Tape Extensions are easy to apply and remove again without damage to hair.
- Remove quickly and easily with any Tape Extension remover or 91% rubbing-alcohol available in any drug store. Only a few drops between the tapes will release the hold within a minute or two. Use fingers to work between tape strips. Use fine-tooth comb to comb out any glue left in hair. Add more remover as needed.
- L&B TIP: Only remove one tape sandwich at a time until completely removed before starting on next one.
L&B Tape hair can be washed and styled any way you like. Our hair holds curls a long time when curled with a curling iron.
Cuticle intact 100% human hair, cut from the donor in one long ponytail and left tapered and natural at the ends. Tapered ends make for a much more natural look than hair that is all one length. Extensions that are all one length look fake when installed and need to be cut and blended a lot, resulting in wasted hair. The biggest tell-tale sign that some has on extensions is when all the ends are the same length looking heavy and chunky. Most extensions that are one length are not true remy (despite claiming to be remy). Tapered hair will also hold a curl much longer.
L&B Tip: Always know how many grams are in a pack before purchasing any hair extensions. This is more important than the number of strips per pack. Even though some companes may claim more strips, the total grams per pack may be less and individual strips may be skimpy making for less volume. Compare L&B prices with other brands by always checking the total hair WEIGHT and hair LENGTH per pack. If a brand does not mention how many grams per pack, always ask before you buy. Some brands may seem better priced at first glance, but will have less weight (less hair) per pack. Never buy from a store that does not tell you how many grams of hair you will be getting per pack. Sometimes you may have to get out your calculator and do the math to see the actual COST PER GRAM when comparing prices as the amount of grams per pack varies.
How to calucalate cost per gram: Divide PRICE per pack by GRAMS per pack = COST PER GRAM
Choose different colors for custom effects! Since two tape extension are always worn together as a “sandwich”, use one color for the top tape and a contrasting color (or two colors if cut into 1″ strips using the center notch) for the bottom tape for highlights or lowlights.
To make color customization easier, we keep our packs of hair at 40 grams, so that you can order many different colors without having too much of one color. When forced to purchase large packs, your customization choices are very limited!
L&B TIP: Along with the extensions, always order a pack or tape tabs or roll of tape in case you need to re-tape a section if you made a mistake in placement or, for touch-ups in case a corner gets loose!