L&B reviews on different Tape Hair Extension Removers and Tips on how to remove your Tape Hair Extensions.
All of the Tape Extension Removers we list below work with SuperTape, Duo-ProTape and Blue Lace Front Tape (all available from L&B) and any other tape extensions.
All L&B Tape Extensions are pre-bonded with SuperTape Tape for ultimate hold.
We do not sell any Tape Hair Extension Removers on our website at this time.
Due to the flammability of these products, shipping any flammable items, like hairspray, perfumes and hair extension removers, can only be done by ground mail and can not be shipped oversees at all – which includes Canada and Europe.
Currently, we do not ship with ground mail, we only ship airmail.
L&B Tips on Tape Hair Extension Removers:
Everyone has a favorite Tape Hair Extension Remover and we have tested the following Removers to help you find what works best for you.
Basically there are types of removers:
- Removers made with alcohol
- Removers made with alcohol and oil
- Removers made with oils
Tape Hair Extension Removers made with alcohols have the advantage that the hair extensions doe not have to be washed after removal and re-taping is faster.
All Removers made with oils, are a bit gentler on the hair, but, the extensions will have to be washed thoroughly with clarifying shampoo to remove any oily residue before re-taping. Otherwise, if oil residue is left on hair, the tapes will not adhere properly.
- C-22 Remover: (Walker Tape Co.)
Oil-based remover. Pleasant orange fragrance. Works fast to remove tape hair extensions. This oil-based remover works well, but the hair and extensions need to be washed with a clarifying shampoo before re-taping to remove oil residue.
- Extension Release (Walker Tape Co.)
Alcohol-based tape hair extension remover. Works fast and tapes can normally be re-installed right away, without washing hair, after remover dries.
- Pure Remover (SuperTape Co.)
Oil-based tape hair extension remover. Very clean and a nice light musky scent. Biodegradable, very pure and totally non-toxic ingredients.
- Weft Release Remover (Walker Tape Co.)
This tape hair extension remover is part alcohol and part oil. It is not as oily as C-22 so there will be a bit less oil residue combined with the quick release properties of alcohol.
- Rubbing Alcohol:
Inexpensive and available in any drug store. Works fast and leaves no residue on tape hair extensions and dries fast.
The new tape can be applied right after the old tape is removed after the alcohol dries.
The pure alcohol there is no need to wash the extensions to remove oil since there is no oil in this product.
IMPORTANT: Make sure it has no additives like a skin softener or mineral oil, as this will make the re-tape slip because it is oily. Use only pure rubbing alcohol.
Some of the above tape hair extension remover products can be purchased in your local beauty supply store or Amazon.com
How to remove tape extensions:
Always work slowly, carefully and methodically!
- Put a squirt of remover between the tapes of the sandwich and they will release their hold within a few seconds or minutes.
- Use your fingertips, with a bit of remover on them, and gently work your fingers between the tapes of the sandwich for a fast and easy removal. It helps to work the remover between the two tapes of the sandwich, not just on top of the top tape bond.
- Once the tapes are very loose and hardly sticking to each other any longer, very gently and slowly pull on the extension hair of the sandwich in a straight downwards motion, so they slide down your hair shaft and pull off your hair. If they are still holding tight, do NOT force them, but add more remover and work your fingers between the two sandwiched tapes loosening any adhesion, until they come out easily.
- Take a fine-tooth comb and a bit more remover to remove any residue left on hair. If done correctly, there should not be much residue left.
- Remove only one tape extension at a time…completely… before moving on the the next tape extension. This makes for a less messy removal.
- On rare occasions, if there is still some glue residue in hair, wash hair with a glue removing shampoo like Bond Breaker Shampoo made by Walker Tape Co.
- Or, if you do not have glue removing shampoo, put a super conditioning emollient silky conditioner on your hair, let it work in to hair for 5 minutes, then comb through your hair with a fine-tooth comb to remover any tape particles, rinse.
- Hair tape adhesives will not damage hair if used and removed correctly.
Keep all of these products out of reach of children and pets. Do not get into eyes. Not for internal use or for use on broken skin. IMPORTANT: These Tape Removers will NOT work for removing keratin bonds (hot fusion) nor for removing other glues like Liquid Gold.
L&B not liable for incorrect usage.
Hair extension products should always be installed by a professional. If you have no experience in using this product, please go to a professional hair extensions stylist.
L&B is not responsible for any outcome of using this product incorrectly.
With the purchase of all hair extension items, the buyer is claiming all responsibility for a correct application by a professional.